Sunday, October 25, 2015

What a great drive today. We started at 7am from Eugene and headed up the I5 in heavy rain. The scenery was spectacular even in the gloom. We eventually arrived at the California border and the sun came out, and from then on its was dry. Mount Chaster was really something to see, with fresh snow on the summit.
We decided that today would be la ong days drive because it was Sunday and the roads would be quieter. They were for the most part, but it seemed everyone in Sacramento was going to Uncle Bob's Halloween Pumpkin Fair just south of the city... literally thousands of people were cramming the roads to get there and do the corn maze!
We are presently sitting in a Motel 6 south of Stockton, right next to the I5 (I mean literally 20 yds away) It is clean and perfect for the 12 hrs we will spend here. Tonight we had In & Out burgers that really hit the spot, but I felt I needed more. So I nipped next door to Taco Bell and ordered a couple of things. I would say that the staff at In & Out are much better motivated... and the place was absolutely heaving!
Here are some pics - we found perfectly matched dog food for Molly at Trader Joes!
I took a pic of the local paper in Eugene - advertising 'Free Weed" at an event this weekend.
And I added some pics from our days drive - through the rain climbing Grant's Pass and into Northern California and the burnt fields south of Sacramento.

Tomorrow we head off through LA to Chula Vista/ San Diego.







3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting these... fun pics! It's all downhill from here. Enjoy the trip. Safe travels. T & V

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making great time!! We miss you! Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drive safe guys. We miss you too. Got some "Friday Funk" links coming your way. You missed a good BMcG gig on Saturday Paul. Best quote of the night: Some of Sheldon's buddies were sitting next to Shelley and I. They didn't know who we were. One of them said to his buddy: "This is SUCH a better band!" I have to say, that they were pretty good. Sheldon was on fire. AND he did all the mic introductions. It was a little strange sitting in the audience watching them. Ruth said .... well, I'll tell you what she said in a band-only forum. For BMcG Legacy Band Ears only.

    ReplyDelete